I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!!
For those on the other side of the world, it’s currently 6:40pm here at my home in the future (for those in the US and UK). I can report that:
- Santa safely left Australia enroute to later timezones; his sleigh laden with gifts
- there will be far too much food and you’ll either need an afternoon nap to let it digest or have a fridge full of left-overs (or both)
- the drinks all taste better at Christmas parties (though I didn’t drink any alcohol myself)
- there will be the odd minor drama when someone who hasn’t seen someone else all year buts heads, but it will all be resolved quickly in the spirit of Christmas cheer (we were fortunate to be largely spared of this in our families)
- most people will make the effort to have a joyous day
- the annual Christmas traditions will bring back memories of the times you’ve shared with your families and friends; you’ll have watched children become teens, teens become young adults, couples grow closer, new people will have joined your family, some people will have left and the same old stories will probably be told at some point.
And at the end of the day, you’ll feel like you ate too much, exercised too little but, hopefully, will feel satisfied and content.
Merry Christmas from Down Under. Training resumes here tomorrow 🙂