The other day I wrote about my Cycling for Hope Challenge to raise money and awareness for the Nakuru Hope Project in Kenya. Here’s some more details about the challenge that I’ve set myself.
- I must cycle 100km every day for 31 days from 19 July to 18 August
- I may not bank mileage. That is, I can’t cycle 200km one day and nothing the next.
- I may ride the 100km in sections so long as all 100km are completed within the one day. For example, I may ride 60km before work and 40km after work.
- Days start at midnight and end at 23:59.
- I may ride any bicycle and I may ride more than one bicycle in a single day’s 100km. For example, I may ride my road bike for 70km in the morning, and then ride my commuter for 30km to commute to and from work.
- There is no time limit for each 100km ride and no minimum speed of travel.
My goal is to raise $1,500. Once matched by my parents, this will constitute $3,000 towards the $50,000 needed to purchase the land.
About Nakuru Hope
How to sponsor me
Watch this blog to follow me in my 100km a day for 31 days for Nakuru Hope challenge, which starts on 20 July 2013.