We have a 1:25,000 topographic map, an MTB trail map, orange & white fabric, a sewing machine and lots of imagination. We have plans to use this and our intimate knowledge of our local bushland to create something fun: an adventure race training course to challenge our friends.
We’ve never tried anything like this before. But, after just a year of racing, we think we can pull it off. Besides, this is just a fun day out where we hope to give our friends a chance to practice their skills and to introduce them to our local trails.
I’ll keep you posted as plans progress. But if you are coming along on the day, don’t expect to find actual CP locations on my blog. This is the only look at the map that you’ll get. And, in this current format, it’s too old to be of much use before we update it.
Here’s some hints about why this course could prove challenging but fun:
– the highest “peak” is just 82m
– most of the “peaks” are between 18-36m
– some young sections of she-oak are almost impenetrable, with the young trees standing literally side-by-side forming a wall of wood
– all we need is a day of rain for the swamp lands to fill with water and the surrounding lands to turn into a boggy mess
– we have some fantastic flowing MTB trails
– there will be some unusual extra challenges.
Today is a rest day for my body but an exciting day for my mind.